2014 – 2015 ASCE Eastern Branch Officer and Committee Positions are Now Open!
Want to get more involved in ASCE?
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2014-2015 term until August 15, 2014. Nominations will be taken online https://docs.google.com/forms/
There are currently openings to serve as an officer or committee member with the Branch. The Younger Member Group also has opportunities to get involved.
Want to learn more?
The current officers of the Eastern Branch and Younger Member Group Board of Directors will be hosting an information session prior to the nomination deadline. This will be your chance to meet current officers, ask questions, and find your place with ASCE!
Branch Leadership Information Session
Thursday August 7th 6pm – 8pm
Tobacco Road Sports Café
222 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC
Branch Leadership Information Session: Thursday, August 7th 6pm-8pm
Nomination Deadline: Friday August 15th, 2014 5:00 pm Link to Nomination Form
For questions please contact:
Mahalingam “Bahi” Bahiradhan, Branch President-Elect, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Janelle Griffin, Branch President, at email@example.com
Michael Siburt, Younger Member Group President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Derek Dussek, Younger Member Group President-Elect, at email@example.com
President-Elect (3 year commitment)
• Attend Eastern Branch Board of Directors (EB BOD) meetings held the 2nd Thursday of every month (typically 7:00am- 8:00am)
• Vote on EB BOD motions
• Assist EB BOD in recruiting new BOD members
• Work with President to lead Board in achieving Branch goals
• Plan and recruit speakers for one calendar year January through November. Confirm speaker commitment and prepare announcement. Speaker topics should cover various areas of concentration (i.e. geotechnical, structural, civil, transportation, wastewater, etc)
• Send meeting details, directions, etc. and obtain from speaker description of topic and biographical information
• Introduce speaker and give concluding remarks at monthly meetings
• Setup A/V and prepare PDH documentation at monthly meetings
• Attend 2-day Workshop for Section and Branch Leaders in January
• Attend Presidents and Governors Forum at ASCE headquarters in September
Secretary (2 year term)
• Manage all communication to membership from the Branch and Younger Member Group
• Attend BOD meetings held 2nd Thursday of every month 7:00am – 8:00am; record and distribute minutes
• Manage and track luncheon registrations
• Attend Monthly Branch Luncheons (If you cannot attend, coordinate to have another BOD member fulfill your duties)
• Maintain records for PDHs
• Attend branch events when possible
• Actively participate in the Eastern Branch Board of Directors as a voting member
Committee/Volunteer Positions (non-exhaustive list)
Government & Public Liaison Committee Member
• Committee member serves as the liaison between the Eastern Branch / Section and the legislature
• Plan and coordinate annual events:
o NC Legislative Drive-In (January)
o Legislative Reception (July)
• Coordinate public outreach activities during E-week and throughout the year in accordance with North Carolina Section goals
• Coordinates year-round initiatives for Branch to achieve recruitment and retention goals
• Works with Younger Member Group and Student Liaisons to facilitate membership transition between Student member, Younger member, Full Member, and Life membership status.
• Assists in recognition activities for Life Members.