National Engineers Week, February 16th – 22nd, 2014
Join the North Carolina American Society of Civil Engineers in Celebrating National Engineers Week February 16th to 22nd, 2014. National Engineers Week, now called DiscoverE, takes place each year at the time of George Washington's birthday.
E-Week is a program to increase public awareness of engineers' contributions to society by celebrating innovation and technology. E-Week targets middle school students and promotes staying in school and specifically promotes science and mathematics through presentations and hands-on demonstrations.
The Section Board of Directors have agreed to reimburse each NC branch up to $500 for DiscoverE materials used in classroom outreach. Contact the DiscoverE coordinator from your Branch for more information.
ASCE invites you to volunteer to visit a school in your area. To help in your volunteer efforts, the NC ASCE Section has the information links available to you to help you get geared up for your volunteer efforts. Feel free to contact one of the ASCE Branch coordinators for additional information on volunteering and obtaining materials.
- DiscoverE - Engineers Week
- DiscoverE - Our Activities
- Order DiscoverE Supplies Online
- DiscoverE – Career Outlook
- ZOOM into Engineering Activities (K-5)
- Building BIG Educators Guide (grades 6-8)
- "Fetch with Ruff Ruffman” – activities for age 6-10 years
- Engineering Education Center
- Westpoint Bridge Designer Program. FREE!