Legislative Fly-In in Washington, DC
Calling all ASCE members! We are looking for a few good members interested in advocacy to meet with their elected officials at the next Legislative Fly-In on March 15-17, 2016 in Arlington, VA & Washington, DC. Application are due by December 15, 2015.
The program includes:
- Meetings on Capitol Hill with your elected officials and/or their staff
- Briefing sessions on key legislation active in Congress
- Training on lobbying and influencing public policy
- Networking with ASCE peers from across the country
- Tips on continuing relationships with your elected officials once you return home
- A Younger Member program on March 15
The best participants are members active in the Key Contact Program and those interested in advocating on behalf of ASCE and our Priority Issues and who are willing to share their knowledge and skills with ASCE members when they return home. If you aren't a Key Contact please sign up at http://www.asce.org/keycontacts/.
There is no registration fee to attend the Fly-In, but participants are responsible for their own travel expenses. A limited number of travel stipends are available. Download a PDF of the application or read more about the program at ASCE's website.