September 29, 2016 Meeting
Topic: Waverly by the numbers – facts and figures, from an engineering standpoint. We will review some of the key features of the project, and challenges encountered through the design and permitting process.
More information about The Waverly Development is available on their website (http://www.waverlyclt.com/).
WAVERLY DEVELOPMENT OVERVIEW
- The Waverly Development will include approximately 250,000 square feet of retail space, anchored by a Whole Foods Market.
- Approximately 90,000 square feet of restaurant and shop space located on the main street surrounding a public plaza area, called The Terrace, with outdoor dining.
- Two five- to six-story buildings offering Class A office space and medical office space for corporations to locate in a neo-traditional environment.
- David Weekley Homes purchased 15 acres to build single-family and town homes for residents who wish to purchase a home in a walkable community.
- Solis Waverly features 375 apartments on 18 acres, built by Terwilliger Pappas Multifamily Partners. The highly amenitized community features a resort-style pool, fitness center and dog park.
Brandon Plunkett, PE - McADAMS
Brandon is a graduate of the University of Connecticut, and has lived in North Carolina since 1999 and moved to Charlotte in 2008. As a Senior Project Manager with McAdams, Brandon provides expertise in civil site design while managing projects, budgets and staff. Prior to joining McAdams, Brandon worked on numerous large roadway and highway design projects in Connecticut, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. With more than twenty years’ experience, Brandon’s expertise is an asset to the firm. Brandon implements a driven approach to managing client accounts for efficient completion of projects. Brandon is also a graduate of Leadership Charlotte, a program that develops community leaders and educates them on the needs within their community.
Chris Thomas – CHILDRESS KLEIN
Chris has a degree in Business Administration from UNC-Chapel Hill and also attended the Young Executive Institute at Kenan Flagler School UNC Chapel Hill. Chris has been with Childress Klein since 1998 and a Division Partner since 2004. Chris is responsible for the development, marketing and leasing of retail real estate projects. Responsibilities include market analysis, site acquisition, negotiating major tenant and specialty tenant leases, property disposition, implementing marketing plans and interfacing with third party owners.