November, 2015 Luncheon
Speaker: Paul C. Worley, CPM, Rail Division Director, NCDOT
Date: Thursday, November 19, 2015
Topic: 2015 Comprehensive State Rail Plan
Summary: The presentation will discuss the 2015 Comprehensive State Rail Plan:
- Satisfies Federal Requirements of the Passenger Rail Investment and Improvement Act of 2008 (PRIIA), and State Rail Plan Guidance (FRA, September 2013).
- Achieves desired outcomes & program effects of NC's vision for rail and transportation.
- Integrates the Governor McCrory's 25-Year Vision.
- Works with the Strategic Transportation Investments P3.0.
- Can be used as guide to develop partnerships and projects for next round of STI P4.0.
Paul Worley is Rail Division Director at NCDOT and leads a multi-faceted modal division that is key to North Carolina's transportation, economic development and job creation needs through providing customer services, building infrastructure, and improving safety. Duties of the Rail Division include state-supported passenger service operations and facilities, rail freight and passenger planning and project development, administration of rail freight and industrial access programs, rail-highway at-grade crossing safety improvements, safety oversight programs, and the design and construction of rail freight and passenger track projects to improve speed, capacity, and efficiency.
As director, Paul leads North Carolina's Piedmont Improvement Program - an ongoing, multi-million dollar series of projects making incremental track, facility and equipment improvements to enable higher speeds, improved safety, and additional capacity on the North Carolina Railroad between Raleigh and Charlotte. Serving on numerous national transportation and rail committees, Paul is a graduate of Campbell University and is going on 28 years of experience with NCDOT.
Sponsor: Falcon Engineering